Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meat & Bread (Cambie)

The day that I discovered Meat & Bread was a glorious day. I don't often find a "holy-grail" worthy sandwich (the last one was Earls' grilled chicken and baked brie - try this if you haven't!) but the moment I bit into a sandwich from Meat & Bread, I was in love.


If you didn't know already, Meat & Bread is famous for their porchetta sandwich, but they also offer two other types of sandwiches depending on location (meatball or grilled cheese at the Cambie location, and vegetarian or corned beef at the Pender location), and also a daily soup and salad. On top of that, they also have a daily special sandwich which could range anywhere from braised turkey to pulled pork - it's always a surprise, and every time I've tried a special, it has been absolutely incredible.

But I digress, today I am going to talk about the famous porchetta. I've only gone to the Pender location before, which is quite small and always has a lineup outside during lunch hours. The Cambie location is slightly larger and no lineup! (Because I went at 3 pm, but I suspect it is also extremely busy during lunch hours)

I got my sandwich to-go, so they wrapped it up all nice and put it in a nifty paper bag.


The sticker indicates what type of sandwich it is!


And here it is, the amazing porchetta sandwich.


First, I have to admit that this is not the easiest sandwich to eat. Bits of pork will fall out, and your hands will likely get oily, but I promise it's worth it! The pork is tender and not dry at all, and the most satisfactory part is biting into the bits of crackling. The bun has just the right amount of crunch on the outside but is softer as you bite in.

Not only are their sandwiches amazing, but I've noticed that the staff at both Meat & Bread locations are charismatic and extremely friendly. The sandwiches are made right in front of you, so try not to drool!

Meat & Bread on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment