Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Review

I have been on the search for a good face highlighter for a very long time. Previously, I had been using Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls (meh), and Benefit's High Beam. Now, don't get me wrong, High Beam is fantastic and I will most certainly continue to use it, but I just find liquid/cream products to be such a hassle, and I needed something easy. In jumps Mary-Lou Manizer.



In case you didn't know, this stuff has a 4.7 based on the 144 reviews on Makeupalley and I would give this a gosh darned 7 out of 5 if I could.



Firstly, the texture - this stuff is as buttery as a powder product can get. It's extremely smooth and not the slightest bit chalky. It glides and blends out like a dream.



I hope you can see from the picture above that this stuff literally glows. There's absolutely no chunky glitter, it's extremely finely milled to the point that I can't even call it a shimmer; it's just some magical glowy stuff.


Blended out

As you can seen, when this highlighter is blended out, it gives the most beautiful sheen. I like to apply this on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose, and trust me when I say that you ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT. I'm not joking, you just need to lightly tap your brush into this stuff and sweep it across your skin or else you'll end up looking like a vampire from Twilight. There is 8.5 grams of product so it's sure to last an incredibly long time.

If you've been considering buying this product, go out and buy it now. Then strut around like a Victoria's Secret Angel because that's how much this product will make you glow.

You can purchase TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer at Sephora or London Drugs (if you're in Canada) for $26.

No comments:

Post a Comment