Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter "Strawberry Shortcake" review

I'm totally late on the lip butter bandwagon, but better late than never, right? I've been eyeing the Revlon lip butters for a while but at roughly $8 a pop, and as someone who is usually in too much of a rush to use any lip product (despite having a drawer full of them), I decided to have some willpower and hold back on buying one. HOWEVER, I received this one as a Christmas gift from a friend and was absolutely delighted.


I've just gotta say that the packaging is adorable, I LOVE the quilted pattern on the case.



I was surprised by how little product there was in the tube. The Revlon lip butters have 2.55 grams of product compared to a regular lipstick which typically has around 4 grams of product.


(I apologize for my hands, they're so dry!)

I'm not sure about the other colors, but this one is pretty sheer, I had to swatch it several times across my hand to get this much color to show up.

Despite Revlon's claims of how this "boosts lip moisture by 156%" and providing lips with "super charged hydration", I do not agree with this at all. While it may be slightly more hydrating than your typical lipstick, this lip product can by no means replace an actual hydrating lip treatment for me. After wearing it throughout the day, this lip butter still ends up drying out my lips (like many other lipsticks).

Like I said before, the color payoff is not amazing, but a few extra swipes still provides my lips with decent pigmentation. The application is very smooth and does actually glide on like butter. This color in particular is a modest light-medium pink which is great for everyday wear. The scent smells lightly of vanilla, very pleasant and not overpowering at all. The wear time is 2 or 3 hours at best.

Overall, I enjoy having this in my collection; the color is nice enough for me to continue to wear this, but I wouldn't run out and purchase another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment