Image Map

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Salt Tasting Room

Salt has been on my list for a very long time because, duh - meat, cheese, and wine! What's not to like? Here's how it works: the restaurant has their daily meats, cheeses, and condiments up on a chalkboard. For their tasting plates, you can select any combination of 3 items (meat and cheeses) and also 3 condiments. If you can't decide what you want (trust me, it's pretty difficult to decide when you want everything), they also have pre-designed plates. Oh, and did I mention, there's also wine - more on that later.

I got a Tasting Plate ($16):
I questioned the waitress on several of the meats before deciding on three meats and I don't remember the names of any of them - but they do provide you with a sheet of paper that maps out what everything is, which is very helpful (unless you're like me, and didn't get a photo of the paper). As you can see, I like salami (or salami-type meats), and these were all very very tasty. The condiments I chose were: fig jam, pickled vegetables, and cipollini onions. I could probably eat a bucket of those little onions, I highly recommend them! Bread was provided as well and you can also ask for refills.

I also chose to get a wine flight ($15) which consists of three 2oz glasses of wine. You can basically select any three wines from their extensive wine menu (with a few exceptions). I decided on a bubble, white, and a pink:
Not going to lie, I know nothing about wine, but these were delicious and I was very happy.

The service was also wonderful. Our waitress was friendly and extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu and was more than happy to make recommendations.

Salt is tucked in Blood Alley, so if you're hanging around Gastown and looking for a nibble, definitely consider going there!

Salt Tasting Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment