Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Flying Pig (Yaletown)

After such a long hiatus, I feel like I need to explain myself - basically school and work took over my life and I could no longer find the time or motivation to blog. However, I have continued indulging in restaurants and makeup, so hopefully I can get back into it and push out a bunch of posts in the next few weeks!

The Flying Pig has locations in Yaletown and Gastown, and I have tried both, but I have to say that I hugely prefer the Yaletown location, and have been there several times since this first visit.


After being quickly seated and having placed our orders, the waiter brought out a complimentary slice of Banana Bread:


This was very tasty and had a good amount of sweetness. I've had some banana breads that are a little bland, but this one was not one of those!

Of course, since it was brunch, I had to get a Breakfast (or brunch!) Mimosa:


This tasted pretty much just like orange juice with the slightest hint of alcohol. I quite enjoyed it!

Next up, the House Breakfast Sausage:
It actually came with three but I ate one before taking the picture.

For some reason I was expecting to be more like a Polish sausage or bratwurst, so when it turned out to be just regular breakfast sausages, I was rather disappointed. I did not really like this, it was greasy, and tasted no different from the breakfast sausages you could get anywhere else.

Now for the star of the meal - the Braised Beef Shortrib Jumbo Macaroni:


This. Is. Incredible. I have had a few of my friends try this and everyone loves it. The sauce is super delicious - not too heavy but also loaded with flavour, the beef is crazy tender, and the mushroom and asparagus are holy-cow flavourful. Definitely a must-get.

This is absolutely one of my favourite spots for brunch, and the service has been great every time I have come here. You can check out the menus here!

The Flying Pig on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment