Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

Bel Cafe

A while back, my friend who is a huge macaron and dessert connoisseur took me to Bel Cafe so we could try out their macarons. I have passed by Bel Cafe a few times, mentally noting that it would be a great place to sit down and have a snack on a beautiful afternoon, but had never gotten the chance to go. It is a quaint but very elegant little cafe connected to the Hotel Georgia, with a beautiful atmosphere.

First, I got myself some tea - blush organic cranberry and orange:


This tea was very tart with a hint of sweetness. The cranberry taste was very evident, so if you like cranberry, you'll love this. I did enjoy it very much.

I don' think this sandwich is on their menu anymore, but it was comprised of italian deli meat, red peppers, and arugula:



The bread was extremely floury, but other than that, it was a pretty tasty sandwich. My friend had the smoked salmon toast:

Photo taken from her Instagram

According to her, the salmon was very good, but the bread tasted stale, which was a disappointment.

Now on to the macarons! The macarons that I picked were passion fruit and key lime pie:


The passion fruit macaron was quite nice, the exterior had a good crispness to it (which I like) and it didn't have an extremely artificial flavor. The key lime pie, however, I found to be very artificial tasting and overly sweet.

My friend had a huge assortment of the macarons:


She was extremely disappointed and found most of the macarons to be very artificial tasting and overly sweet. I tried most of them as well, and agreed with her.

Despite the disappointing macarons, the service at Bel Cafe is excellent, and I did find it to be a nice spot to sit and have a cup of tea.

Bel Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment